Getting to Lorne
Travelling to Lorne -Essential Information
Buses to/from Melbourne Airport and Southern Cross Station and Cumberland Resort Lorne will be available. There will be a ‘Proteins’ sign visible in the bus window. Tickets are AUD$40.00 each way and seats must be reserved in advance. Please select this 'addon' at time of your registration.
1) Once arriving into Melbourne Airport, take the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. The Skybus departs from Melbourne Airport every 10 minutes and it is an approximate 30 minute journey. Tickets for Skybus can be pre purchased or purchased on arrival, for more information visit http://www.skybus.com.au/.
2) From Southern Cross Station, take a VLine train to Geelong. Visit http://www.vline.com.au for timetable information.
3) From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visit http://jp.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/metlink/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en for timetable information.
1) Gull Airport Service provides a bus from Melbourne Airport to Geelong with regular bus services. For timetable information (as vary on different days) please visit http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport_1
Pick up information from Melbourne Airport can be found at http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport
2) The service drops off at Geelong Railway Station. From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visit http://jp.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/metlink/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en for timetable information.
1) Taxis are another option from Melbourne Airport to Lorne. This is an expensive option with an approximate cost of $288. There is a taxi rank outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
1) Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Please visit http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/Rental-Cars/Overview.html for further information.